New Years' Resolution Updates

In the beginning of the year I listed 4 resolutions. I just wanted to take a chance to check in on our progress. 1. Be good stewards of our money.

So far this year we have established a very detailed budget. We now are fully aware and track what our money is spent on, as well as how much is going towards debt.


We set a goal to be $30,000 less in debt by the end of the year. So far we are more than half way to our goal! We applied our entire tax refund on bills and are "snowballing" the rest. It was so nice to see some zero balances!

2. Focus time and finances on the house.

We have sold our travel trailer so that we can use that income on our current debt. We also will be able to spend more time on our house projects rather than traveling up north.


With my bonus from my work, we have purchased a new couch and table and chairs. We also are looking into countertops. These were items we really needed, but pushed off to the side for a few years.


Lastly we bought the materials to build a raised garden bed. We are really excited to get the kids involved in a garden and grow our own produce this summer. Oh, and David and Eli got some chickens....apparently we are trying farming again.... :) 3. Be Healthy!


My weightloss challenges are over, and I'm happy to report I won one of them! In the last 12 weeks I have lost over 8% of my body weight! I also finished the Irish Jig 5k in 30:16 which is a personal record! I am very excited with my results. Currently I am working through Jillian Michaels 30 day Fat Shred. I am two days in so far and VERY sore!

4. Be Organized. Well, this is an area I still need to work on. Physical Organization- We have been working on organizing our home. I did the mom 2 mom sale and got rid of a LOT of baby things we had been storing. So we are really getting somewhere physically. However- Mentally I have some work to do. I need to start using the calendar on my phone to keep track of upcoming events. I sort of signed up for a race only to remember later that night it is the same day as my brother's graduation...oops! So in the next 9 months I hope to continue improving in this area.

No comments: