Welcome 2011!

Happy New Year Everyone! I am soo excited to discover what 2011 is going to bring. This past year has been full of trials and blessings, and I feel like 2011 is a fresh start just waiting for us to makes some changes. David and I have set a few resolutions that are going to be challenging.

#1. Be good stewards of our money. To accomplish this, we are setting a new budget and going to the cash/envelope system. This change is going to be very difficult for us, however will be VERY worth it.

#2. We hope to focus our time and finances on the house. Our goal this year is to finish the projects we have started (remodel of the bathroom, laundry room, and finish the trim in the living room) and Lord willing we will be able to replace the rest of the windows and MAYBE reside the house. Woah, long list...we will see how well that cash system works for us! :)

#3. Be Healthy! I am going to focus on being active this year, and get atleast 2 races in. I am going to try to run in the mornings before everyone gets out of bed, and maybe at lunch if I can get to work on time to take an hour lunch! Both David and I are going to focus on eating healthy and more meals at home. I also signed up for a weight loss challenge to hold me accountable. I am starting the year at 167.5lbs... I will NOT be that weight at the end of the year.

#4. Last but not least- be ORGANIZED! Between working full time, school full time, and 2 kids I need to be more organized to keep up with life. I have placed a calendar on my fridge to track dates and we are setting up an office space for me to keep our paperwork and finances organized. A huge garage sale will be held this spring to help us declutter the things we no longer need.

Well here is to 2011! A year of change!

1 comment:

Jill Gorby said...

Hey Amber! Good job with everything! You are doing a great job and you have some awesome resolutions! Keep it up:)